Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Recovery

I am overwhelmed with the peace and love I have felt for the last week. Monday morning my amazing father took the day off so he could be the one to take me in for my surgery. We sat there for hours, he distracted me with my childhood stories, playing bike race and flow with me, and the numerous family phone calls checking in on me. I turn to my phone for distraction when I am overthinking, but with every text, FB notie, or insta update I couldn't help but just wonder if a certain one would make an effort to wish me good luck. The nurses/doctors/anesthesist came in frequently to check on me, and then right as the doctor came to get me I got a text from him. My eyes watered instantly, he said exactly what I wanted, and my fears were put away. I remember looking at my dad down the hall and remembering Terry's text and feeling so overwhelmed with that love. That's one of the last things I remember from Monday. I remember getting in my dads truck, texting Terry once I got to my sisters, and Mia patting me on the head saying "We're going to make you better okay?" but that's it. Tuesday came and I was in and out all day. Terry called me on his way to work, slept, took about 7 hours to watch The Bachelor because I kept falling asleep. Tyrone came down when he got off of work, my BFF's family brought me dinner, my dad and Jenae, the BFF, all came down to see me. I slept most of the time while Tyrone and Katie talked and watched movies (bad friend award goes to me for the year!). Wednesday I took it easy, I was still super tired, Terry came over when he got off work, Mia attempted a sleepover and we watched A LOT of TV. Thursday I made an outing to the store with my sis and came home and crashed! I finally gathered all my belongings and made my trip back to my house. I showered and had every intention of just putting on a movie and going to bed early when I got my favorite surprise....Terry! He called and informed me he was already on his way over and we were about to kick our weekend off....

No comments:

Post a Comment