Monday, February 4, 2013

Check!

Friends...Check
Food......Check
Sleep.....Check!

My last free weekend for a month and it was just what I needed! Friday night I went to dinner with Katie, and Tyrone...came home and had intentions of going out, but instead I fell asleep on my bed. Whoops, Saturday morning on my way to work I got my favorite phone call from Terry, making sure I was okay. I missed his calls and usually I text him some sort of an "I'm okay, can't answer" text if I don't plan on returning his call...but I slept through them. Sorry baby! Saturday after work, a workout, cat nap, and shopping Terry came over and while I got ready (thinking we were going to dinner) the boy made it all by himself! It was a proud moment for both of us! We both had birthday parties to attend to, I went and just made an appearance at mine and went back home to have one last relaxing night alone. I was having a hard time sleeping and then I found out why...Terry text me, "Baby, I want to come home, can I come over in a bit?" "Yes of course, what's wrong?" Then he calls me, "I need you, will you meet me at Miles?" as I grab my keys, and put shoes on I reply "What's wrong?" "Just meet me there, we'll be there in 5" "Be there soon, but baby what's wrong?" "Thank you for being there for me no matter what, drive safe and I'll see you in a bit" I had a million thoughts going through my head, all of which I knew he was going to be okay, but to hear that tone in his voice broke my heart. We both pull up at the same time, and he walks to my car and says, "I didn't think this through, I'll just follow you home" I can't describe that look in his eyes, the look that I hope I never have to see again..a look of complete heartache. I knew he wasn't okay, it took a few minutes to convince him to leave one of our cars there, but then we were finally on our way back home. My baby started crying right then and there...there is nothing I hate more than my man being unhappy (especially because he ALWAYS has his pearly whites showing) after hours of talking, getting some more food in his system, and a lot of cuddling and appreciating each other we made our way to bed. Sunday morning we spent in the kitchen baking goodies to take to our families Super Bowl parties. There is absolutely nothing better for me than being surrounded by loved ones! We got to my sisters during nap time and my niece poked her head out of her room and said "Cee-Cee I looked outside and saw your car so I got up!" Then she looked at my sister and said "Mom, no more nap time my buddy is here!" Yep I am obsessed with her! After hours of entertaining family feuds, and stuffing our faces we headed to Terry's parents! It was so great to end the night with some tv and ended up sleeping there again! Ha we love our family time and make sure to always put them first!

No comments:

Post a Comment