Friday, July 5, 2013

'Merica pride

Red, White, and Blue filling the streets, my social media sites, and even the food in my kitchen I can't believe my favorite holiday is over! Sitting, dripping in our sweat, we watched a parade, enjoyed A LOT of great food, spent time with our best friends (which for us is our family!), got a nap in, and cuddled up and watched fireworks! These two were dying of heat, but they are best buds and stick together!
My very best friend! Can't imagine spending it with anyone else!
I just love this boy, and everything he does for me!
Sitting at fireworks, Terry put his arm around me and whispered "Baby do you ever think of how blessed we are?" "EVERY DAY!!" "Another reason I love you. Every day you remind me of who to thank for the blessings in my life" I can't help but get a little emotional, listening to the music, fireworks, and looking at my surroundings realizing I am blessed I get to spend it with the people I love. The day that I am grateful for so many reasons, and every year it seems to humble me and give me a reality check!
Biggest and most important part of my day was being thankful for our soldiers. One of our really good friends is currently over serving our country, he's homesick, misses his family, friends, Utah in general. We face time at least once a week, email a few times a week, but it's not the same. We miss him as much as he misses us. Terry and him are best buds, and he has become my "brother". We miss him, but also incredibly grateful for his service.
Another thank you goes out to my Grandpa for serving out country during WWII. He has told some intense stories to his children, and grandchildren, and great grandchildren. He still gets emotional when he talks about them. I truly don't know how he survived most of the stories he tells, except to live a tell, and raise some pretty amazing children (my mom being my favorite of course!). Thank you to those who made a sacrifice so we could be where we are today, those that continue to fight for our freedom, and those that will in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment