Friday, November 8, 2013

November 2

Who knew so much could change within a year! Back when Terry and I first started dating seriously I had numerous people tell me not to. I remember talking to my sister about it, she said "You have to learn for yourself" she was in a similar situation many many years ago so I knew I could trust her advice. I spent many nights in tears as friends would give me crap about him, but I remember thinking "He's not the one that made you feel this way, so don't take it out on him" I've dated his "type" before...in fact I seem to only have dated his "type" so I knew how to play the game. If I wasn't with Terry, I was either at my sisters or home alone. I remember thinking "Did I somehow give up my social life for this guy?" With any relationship in the past that is the one thing I held on to, but my bigger surprise was "Why do I not care?" Terry is a popular man, in fact I still think over one year later and we haven't gone out in public without one person knowing and addressing him (even in other states). He may be popular but daily he makes me feel like I am the only one that matters in this world. Still to this day I call him my "smooth talker". There's times that I've been hard on myself because of it. I know how many gorgeous women there are out there, ones that still want his attention and I would think "Why me?" I've even talked to him about it, "You could have ANY woman out there, seriously, girls LOVE you, why do you come home to me every night?" He always comforts me as I feel like I am making him settle, and reassures me that there is nobody or nowhere else he'd rather be. Talking to a few girlfriends one day at lunch and hearing their problems it then hit me, I am so lucky to have a man that WANTS to be with me, that CHOOSES to be with me, and can't wait to see me EVERY day! I didn't realize how truly blessed I was. We grew up and we grew together.
I LOVE that he truly is my backbone, because of him I got the courage to talk to my boss about an issue at work. I am now training for another job, and it has opened so many doors for me with working with other clinics and corporate! (I'll post about it later) Every day I can't wait to go home and talk to him about what I learned at work that day. 
I LOVE that Terry lets me make him dinners, and try new recipes every week.
I LOVE being "wifey" material and working, coming home making dinner and having it hot on the table when he walks in the door. 
I LOVE that he is so involved in our babies life already, he doesn't want to miss an appointment, or registry opportunity. 
I LOVE that comes from such an incredible family, that treat me like their own. 
I LOVE that he is so close with my family, him and my BIL are Sunday buddies, I couldn't be more blessed for a man to fit in so well, and treat the girls so well. 
I LOVE that he feels bad when they are more excited to see him than me because he knows how much those two mean to me, and I wouldn't change my world for anything.
I LOVE that he has surprised me and taken flowers to my moms grave to thank her for raising me. 
I LOVE that he loves games, and having game nights and a relationship with my dad are important to him. 
I LOVE that he buys me random/needed presents to thank me for taking care of him on a daily basis. 
I LOVE that he puts me first, even when he's had a bad day, he doesn't hesitate to do the little things for me.
I LOVE that he does the laundry...seriously I am sooo blessed!
I LOVE that he acknowledges my effort to make sure he's happy at the end of the day.
I LOVE that he helps with dishes every night. 
 LOVE how athletic he is, he won a gift card last night for being the leagues leading scorer and all he could think was what we can buy for our baby with it.
I LOVE how selfless he is.
I LOVE that he puts up with my Pinterest and football addictions.
I LOVE that every night he makes sure I have a drink of water by the bed.
I LOVE that we met because of a kickball league..definitely not your typical story.
I LOVE being completely goofy with you.
I LOVE  that we have become one.
I LOVE that he truly is my best friend, and made me a better person
I LOVE that putting him first is my first priority, because I know he appreciates it.
I LOVE that he has taught me how and that it's okay to love again. I can't imagine raising our baby girl with anyone else.
I LOVE you Terry James and am so grateful to start this chapter of our life with you! Our first year was filled with memories to last a lifetime, I can't wait to see what happens in the years to come. Thank you for letting me be me, accepting my flaws and loving me for me!










No comments:

Post a Comment